Clinical placements are so important for Allied Health Educators. With so much at stake, DCEs need to consider Automated Placements to optimize placements for their students. Read more about why here.
At Exxat, we’ve spend a lot of time and energy developing our Automated Placements tailored to the needs of Clinical Educators. Our Automated placements algorithm provides optimized placement results–results you get within 24 hours.
If you aren’t happy with the results, you are free to manipulate your results in whatever way best serves the needs of your program. Or you can choose to run the algorithm all over again with adjusted criteria.
Here’s how it works. We use a linear regression algorithm to perform over 1 MILLION calculations. From there, the algorithm selects the best result for your batch as a whole.
We run the batch based on your choices of the following categories:
- Student Preference/Wishlist Ranking
- Site Setting
- Required Settings
- Geographical Locations
- Preference Ranking from Last Rotation
You designate the weight of each category, send it to us, and let the tech do the rest. “The rest” means conducting over 1 million calculations in a matter of 20 minutes. This saves you days or weeks, depending on how you’ve done placements in the past.
An automated placement process offers significant advantages over manual or lottery processes.
- Optimized placements. Our algorithm gives you the best of all possible outcomes for everyone.
- Students can be assured of fair placements. The algorithm does not play favorites.
- Significant time savings. We’re talking day or weeks of time, plus alleviating the stress.
- Easy to train staff to do the placement process. If a DCE has to leave, a new staff member can easily run the placements with minimal training.
- You maintain the final say and final control. If you don’t like a single placement, you change it. If you don’t like the entire placement, we’ll run it again. Free of charge.
Can you afford not to try Automated Placements?